Back Henry Street
New users/ website links - Printable Version

+- Back Henry Street (http://www.backhenrystreet.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Member Forums (/forum-17.html)
+--- Forum: User Feedback & Support (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: New users/ website links (/thread-33455.html)

New users/ website links - Rimm-BFC - 02-01-2018 16:22

Being a bit bored, I just had a quick look through some of our recent members and found the following;

nestpillmart1 – pharmacy
Devina_Wilson – abortion pills
Terrylewis - eliteessaywriters.com
leemoore - eliteessaywriters.com
soniagood - eliteessaywriters.com
alankeck- eliteessaywriters.com
jaytesoro- eliteessaywriters.com
katebirn- eliteessaywriters.com
johntim - eliteessaywriters.com
tomrey- eliteessaywriters.com

That was in the first couple of pages!!

would it not make sense to remove the ability to include a web address in user's profiles and would this deter spammers from registering - just to add a web address?

Can you ban them and remove their website details to prevent anyone clicking on them.

RE: New users/ website links - seasider - 02-01-2018 18:06

I think Steed will be able to do a mass clean up via SQL such as delete users who have say been banned for longer than 6 months and have website linked to profiles.

I don't think much work will be going into this version now as work has started on a new design. I'm sure he will take note of this though as there are so many spam members which is gives the impression that there are more members than there actually are.

RE: New users/ website links - louise_a - 03-01-2018 11:36

When I ban spam accounts, I always ban them permanently, its a shame you cant just delete them.

RE: New users/ website links - seasider - 03-01-2018 16:51

Only admin can delete them. I don't want to speak for Steed but I suspect it would be an easy SQL Script to delete banned spam members. Just need to be careful don't delete genuine banned posters.

I have just done a basic delete using the criteria of any banned member with a website URL. There were only 35. The challenge is that not all spam have a website URL in their profile so will need something a bit more clever.

RE: New users/ website links - CheshireSeasider - 03-01-2018 17:26

There's a few unbanned "members" that could do with deleting Laugh

RE: New users/ website links - seasider - 03-01-2018 17:28

(03-01-2018 17:26)CheshireSeasider Wrote:  There's a few unbanned "members" that could do with deleting Laugh

That's the challenge. Spam members who haven't posted which is the bulk!

RE: New users/ website links - CheshireSeasider - 03-01-2018 17:31

(03-01-2018 17:28)seasider Wrote:  That's the challenge. Spam members who haven't posted which is the bulk!

I meant our resident nuisance, Nobber Biggrin

RE: New users/ website links - Bally - 03-01-2018 18:18

(03-01-2018 17:31)CheshireSeasider Wrote:  I meant our resident nuisance, Nobber Biggrin

He's a fucking spammer.

RE: New users/ website links - daib0 - Yesterday 15:48

Must ask QBlock about this one, sounds interesting:

http://www.backhenrystreet.co.uk/user-5291.html

Tongue out