-   Lost Password?   -   Register
  -   Lost Password?   -   Register

members do not see advertisements

BHS gets slagging
thetruth1953 Offline

BHS gets slagging
Our very own site is getting a slagging off over on the the dark side. They are saying we only get a post every two hours,the place is full of plastic mancs and scousers and they say that the gobbiest one is an Everton fan ( now who could that be).
It comes under the heading "just read the Bradford thread"
Well I know where I would rather be,what do other posters think?
27-07-2017 09:20
Find Posts Quote
Tangerinenick Offline
Old Skool

RE: BHS gets slagging
All about opinions I guess. We on this site can be pretty harsh to certain posters.
27-07-2017 09:26
Find Posts Quote
TheSuffolkSeasider Offline
Ipswich Exile

There's definitely been a rise in shit posting here, with main culprits like tangerinemanc, Vince, Karlitos Way, nobber, big nobber, fourwalls to a point and so on...

Still, I'd rather be here.
27-07-2017 09:42
Find Posts Quote
Jams80 Offline

BHS... keeping it real
27-07-2017 10:09
Find Posts Quote
fourwalls Offline

(27-07-2017 09:42)TheSuffolkSeasider Wrote:  There's definitely been a rise in shit posting here, with main culprits like tangerinemanc, Vince, Karlitos Way, nobber, big nobber, fourwalls to a point and so on...

Shit posting meaning people that disagree with you Oops.
27-07-2017 10:11
Find Posts Quote

TheSuffolkSeasider Offline
Ipswich Exile

(27-07-2017 10:11)fourwalls Wrote:  Shit posting meaning people that disagree with you Oops.

No, shit posting is derailing every thread to argue personal vendettas against people like Magic. I don't disagree with everything you say, nor agree with all of it. I don't go out of my way to find every post by you and start an argument on the scale of foggy and cheesey.

Most of the posters I mention are just serial wums.
27-07-2017 10:38
Find Posts Quote
Cheesyleps Offline
Banned

It's the problem with all echo chambers. Eventually even the loudest echo will diminish to the point of inaudibility.

When you suppress and purge any contrary opinion there is no need for anyone to discuss anything any more.
27-07-2017 11:11
Find Posts Quote
seasider Offline
Administrator

Thumbsup2

Everyone is entitled to their opinion just like the people who still attend.

Fair enough that we have let Nobber run riot but it's pre-season and we've clamped down recently.

I've just got a couple of comments:

- Why does the fact that it's quieter bother them? People choose where to post, it's up to them. We know what we are and avftt is rarely mentioned these days. This is a much better forum technology wise whilst avftt has the most users... it's quite simple.

- If I wanted to know people's favourite colour or favourite herb, I might also take a gander.

Edit - just seen that it's only one poster shit stirring. Best to ignore.
(This post was last modified: 27-07-2017 20:36 by seasider.)
27-07-2017 11:19
Find Posts Quote
whitstabletangerine Offline

I feel Suffolk is right here and in the case of posters from other clubs I believe probably the same way as others on here that there will be times when we can discuss matters but not a constant barrage of posts that add nothing to an argument but posted just for the sake of a wind up, it becomes tedious and may well put other genuine posters from joining in.
As far as our own fans are concerned, I like many others believe NAPM is working and was the right way to proceed, it is a shame those that still attend couldn't stand shoulder to shoulder in a solid movement in an effort to put pressure on the owners to leave.
Certainly on AVFTT there are a number of posters who I have met and have been long term Pool supporters through and through who have travelled the country home and away and for some the home matches alone entail a lengthy journey but have joined the boycott, they do not need telling by those still attending that they are not TRUE supporters.
I use AVFTT and BHS both have fans with differing views, both make for interesting reading, not just for footballing topics either but the main difference lies with the moderating, on BHS the mods tend to let things ride, now that is only my observation not a fact, as to whether that is a good thing is up for debate.

edit, Pleased to see Cheesy back.
(This post was last modified: 27-07-2017 11:24 by whitstabletangerine.)
27-07-2017 11:22
Find Posts Quote
Magic147 Offline
Not a penny more

I don't get this inter-forum stuff, both sites (and I'm sure others) have some great posters and great debate, as well as some not-so-great posters who are just aiming to get a reaction or wind people up. Both are online football forums, neither really matter in the grand scheme of things and neither are representative of Blackpool fans on the whole. I stopped posting on there due to security concerns and prefer this layout and usability.

By their very nature, though, in our current predicament, the discussions will be centred around some very emotive subjects and therefore generate some passionate comments. Id have a pint with anyone off here or any other board/social media platform though and debate the points in person until the cows come home. As Blackpool fans, we have more in common even with those who still go to home games than that which separates us (although it doesn't currently feel like it). We can strongly disagree with the opinions of others (and I do, regularly), but hopefully one day soon we can just go back to watching the footy and draw a line in the sand.

I wonder if whoever started that thread on A View From The Turnips (some, not all) is another one of Rochester's creations?

PS. Welcome back Cheesy lad!
27-07-2017 11:26
Find Posts Quote

seasider Offline
Administrator

(27-07-2017 11:22)whitstabletangerine Wrote:  I feel Suffolk is right here and in the case of posters from other clubs I believe probably the same way as others on here that there will be times when we can discuss matters but not a constant barrage of posts that add nothing to an argument but posted just for the sake of a wind up, it becomes tedious and may well put other genuine posters from joining in.
As far as our own fans are concerned, I like many others believe NAPM is working and was the right way to proceed, it is a shame those that still attend couldn't stand shoulder to shoulder in a solid movement in an effort to put pressure on the owners to leave.
Certainly on AVFTT there are a number of posters who I have met and have been long term Pool supporters through and through who have travelled the country home and away and for some the home matches alone entail a lengthy journey but have joined the boycott, they do not need telling by those still attending that they are not TRUE supporters.
I use AVFTT and BHS both have fans with differing views, both make for interesting reading, not just for footballing topics either but the main difference lies with the moderating, on BHS the mods tend to let things ride, now that is only my observation not a fact, as to whether that is a good thing is up for debate.

edit, Pleased to see Cheesy back.

Good post and agree with that. I think on here people can spot wind ups and refuse to play along with it and just post abuse.

Whilst we are at it, I think certain posters probably deserve more respect. I will highlight Fourwalls as an example. He has been around for a while and people should engage in debate rather than name calling.

I don't think Fourwalls attends so this isn't directed at him but we have to accept that approximately 2k fans still attend Bloomfield Road and they will have their own views. As a forum, we would like to provide a platform for them to share their views rather than being subjected to 'mushrooms', 'scabs' and the usual name calling replies. I think people know that the admin of this site are strongly NAPM but as forum hosts, it's not in our interest to alienate that group of fans.
27-07-2017 11:31
Find Posts Quote
seasider Offline
Administrator

To be fair, it's probably Karl holding a grudge against us because he lost in court.

Also, the fact the said poster used 'LOL' in their post is enough reason to ignore.
(This post was last modified: 27-07-2017 20:36 by seasider.)
27-07-2017 11:49
Find Posts Quote
Tangerinemanc Offline
Banned

(27-07-2017 09:42)TheSuffolkSeasider Wrote:  There's definitely been a rise in shit posting here, with main culprits like tangerinemanc, Vince, Karlitos Way, nobber, big nobber, fourwalls to a point and so on...

Just for the record... I have no problem with the vast majority of boycotters and their reasons behind not attending any home games it is your money and your choice what to do with it... this is you right!

However I along with many others also have a right to do what I want with my money without being abused by certain individuals On this site and at away games! The vast majority of boycotters are law abiding decent folk.... I am friends with some myself and we respect each other's decision however like in any protest you will get a small group who are too extreme in their views and ultimately are doing your cause no good whatsoever! These are the people who I have a problem with!

Take your above post for example...... because you don't agree with other users opinions you throw expletives at them and ridicule hoping you will get noticed more! And that you must be right!

Disagreements is all about listening to the other side and having useful dialogue but once it gets personal with abuse and threats then people have a right to defend themselves.
27-07-2017 11:51
Find Posts Quote
Magic147 Offline
Not a penny more

The issue we have is that this isn't just a choice between supporting the Oystons and not supporting them - this is about standing side by side with your fellow fans, some of whom have had their lives ruined financially due to a completely unprecedented campaign of legal action.

I was NAPM well before the first case, but for many that was the line that was crossed.

Paying your money for a season ticket or a matchday ticket now is directly funding those legal cases against your fellow fans, this is completely unacceptable to me and many others on a moral level. NAPM is just the right thing to do, and that's the difference. This isn't one opinion vs another, it's right vs wrong.
27-07-2017 11:57
Find Posts Quote
seasider Offline
Administrator

(27-07-2017 11:57)Magic147 Wrote:  The issue we have is that this isn't just a choice between supporting the Oystons and not supporting them - this is about standing side by side with your fellow fans, some of whom have had their lives ruined financially due to a completely unprecedented campaign of legal action.

I was NAPM well before the first case, but for many that was the line that was crossed.

Paying your money for a season ticket or a matchday ticket now is directly funding those legal cases against your fellow fans, this is completely unacceptable to me and many others on a moral level. NAPM is just the right thing to do, and that's the difference. This isn't one opinion vs another, it's right vs wrong.

Hasn't Fourwalls for example stated that he doesn't attend home matches though? He just has a different view on successful the boycott has been.

Less concerned about the Nobbers as they just play on the glory hunting argument because they know it winds us up. They would love to mock our attendances but they can't because of the boycott. Therefore, they focus on historical attendances in a vain attempt to dismiss the boycott.
27-07-2017 12:01
Find Posts Quote

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Back Henry Street | Return to Top | Mobile Version | RSS Syndication | Forum Rules