-   Lost Password?   -   Register
  -   Lost Password?   -   Register

members do not see advertisements

Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
Bulls Eye Offline

Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
Is that possible? just asking like?

Cuadrilla

Frackpool FC Thumbsdown
11-11-2017 16:52
Find Posts Quote
tangerinejezza Online
Pottys stalking victim

RE: Could the new owners be worse than the Oystons?
Link to avit ??
11-11-2017 17:15
Find Posts Quote
Bally Online
1 = 20

(11-11-2017 16:52)Bulls Eye Wrote:  Is that possible? just asking like?

Cuadrilla

Frackpool FC Thumbsdown

Fuck off knobhead. You're boring now
11-11-2017 19:02
Find Posts Quote
Lincolnshireseasider91 Offline
Lincolniteee

Impossible to have someone "worse" than the Oyston gang

Donald thump could do a better job
11-11-2017 21:12
Find Posts Quote
seasider Offline
Administrator

Agree with the above. I actually think it's impossible to have someone worse.
11-11-2017 21:51
Find Posts Quote

Magic147 Offline
Not a penny more

I could leave a tin of cat food out hanging in the garden, just high enough so cats can't reach it, and the first human being desperate enough to jump the fence to tuck in would be a better football club owner than Owen Oyston.
11-11-2017 21:55
Find Posts Quote
Mike1989 Offline

I’m no Oyston support, but as far as I’m aware the club has never been at risk of ceasing to exist due to financial difficulties in recent times. It’s been self sufficient for the most part. I know that its survival is at risk as long as they remain because a lot of fans will stay away and subscribe to NAPM, but even now it’s being run self sufficiently and could continue in that manner without threat of ceasing to exist.

As such, we could end up with new owners like Notts County did a few years back that actually didn’t have the money they professed to. Or there are ones like Portsmouth when they had their Russian owner that spent loads of money and they got into major debt, then he pulled the plug and they nearly didn’t recover from it.

So there are “worse” options in that sense if we get someone that doesn’t have the money they say, or pulls the plug when they get bored, in that scenario they could actually screw the club up financially and leave it fighting for its life if not see it go out of business. By no means do I want them to remain here, but hopefully we sell to someone that actually has the money they profess and has long term interest in making sure this club is sustainable long term, and not someone that gets us into dire straights.
12-11-2017 00:24
Find Posts Quote
CheshireSeasider Offline
Very Much So

I don't think there is possibly EVER a worse owner than the current ones.
It's 1 thing worrying about finances and shit but when fans of the same team hate each other worse than their local rivals that take a special kind of cunt to conjure that hatred.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017 00:59 by CheshireSeasider.)
12-11-2017 00:58
Find Posts Quote
Magic147 Offline
Not a penny more

No club > Oyston FC
12-11-2017 06:38
Find Posts Quote
Bally Online
1 = 20

Mike makes a good point. However being rid of them is a risk worth taking. I'm sure most would rather BFC we're playing on Revoe Rec than OFC'S Hotel lawn.
12-11-2017 06:52
Find Posts Quote

tangerinejezza Online
Pottys stalking victim

(11-11-2017 16:52)Bulls Eye Wrote:  Is that possible? just asking like?

Cuadrilla

Frackpool FC Thumbsdown

I doubt Cuadrilla would invest then fleece the club. No one on this planet could be worse than the scums.
12-11-2017 08:01
Find Posts Quote
Jams80 Online

(12-11-2017 00:24)Mike1989 Wrote:  I’m no Oyston support, but as far as I’m aware the club has never been at risk of ceasing to exist due to financial difficulties in recent times. It’s been self sufficient for the most part. I know that its survival is at risk as long as they remain because a lot of fans will stay away and subscribe to NAPM, but even now it’s being run self sufficiently and could continue in that manner without threat of ceasing to exist.

As such, we could end up with new owners like Notts County did a few years back that actually didn’t have the money they professed to. Or there are ones like Portsmouth when they had their Russian owner that spent loads of money and they got into major debt, then he pulled the plug and they nearly didn’t recover from it.

So there are “worse” options in that sense if we get someone that doesn’t have the money they say, or pulls the plug when they get bored, in that scenario they could actually screw the club up financially and leave it fighting for its life if not see it go out of business. By no means do I want them to remain here, but hopefully we sell to someone that actually has the money they profess and has long term interest in making sure this club is sustainable long term, and not someone that gets us into dire straights.

It sounds like you're defending how they've run the club. Its exactly their methods and behaviour over the last twenty something years that has brought us to this point. Yes, other clubs have had incompetent owners who have caused damage financially, but our situation is kind of the opposite end of the spectrum. The club has still suffered.

A new owner only has to run the club with the clubs best interest at the centre of every decision made...it's that simple

...maybe a calculated gamble from time to time.
12-11-2017 09:25
Find Posts Quote
Thewiggy Offline

The passion with which the Boycott, NAPM etc has all been carried out will act as a message and warning to all future owners too. If they screw the club over in anyway, we will make it known and take action.

I imagine that any who return to bfc under new ownership will take a good while to settle in again - in other words any sign that things are amiss, people will probably react quicker this time to stop it getting out of hand.
12-11-2017 09:57
Find Posts Quote
Jams80 Online

(12-11-2017 09:57)Thewiggy Wrote:  The passion with which the Boycott, NAPM etc has all been carried out will act as a message and warning to all future owners too. If they screw the club over in anyway, we will make it known and take action.

I imagine that any who return to bfc under new ownership will take a good while to settle in again - in other words any sign that things are amiss, people will probably react quicker this time to stop it getting out of hand.

Agree totally. Anything other than complete transparency from a new owner won't be accepted
12-11-2017 10:54
Find Posts Quote
munkle Offline
Hooligan Apologist

In BST, any new owner has a ready made support network that they should use for the betterment of the club. Put a fan on the board and as has been said, be totally transparent. Sit in the stands with the fans. Be available on social media. Rejoice when we win, be upset when we lose.

Just be a fan.
12-11-2017 10:59
WWW Find Posts Quote

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Back Henry Street | Return to Top | Mobile Version | RSS Syndication | Forum Rules