-   Lost Password?   -   Register
  -   Lost Password?   -   Register

members do not see advertisements

Mark Clemmit
seasider Online
Administrator

Mark Clemmit
Why is he getting shit from Blackpool fans on Twitter?
03-12-2017 09:05
Find Posts Quote
TheSuffolkSeasider Offline
Ipswich Exile

RE: Mark Clemmit
Well he's been around the area enough these past few days. At AFC Fylde Friday and Fleetwood yesterday. Probably put his foot in his mouth at some point.
03-12-2017 09:49
Find Posts Quote
TheSuffolkSeasider Offline
Ipswich Exile

Seems it's about an interview he did with the Oystons where he seemed to side with them?

Don't remember seeing it myself.
03-12-2017 09:52
Find Posts Quote
seasider Online
Administrator

Seems to be related to this.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/audie...zdx3tqmvdn
03-12-2017 09:59
Find Posts Quote
Bally Online
1 = 20

(03-12-2017 09:59)seasider Wrote:  Seems to be related to this.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/audie...zdx3tqmvdn

Shit link. It asks for registration to read the article.
03-12-2017 10:38
Find Posts Quote

Leesthedaddy Offline

Worse than the Gazette that one.
03-12-2017 11:03
Find Posts Quote
Qblock87 Offline

This is what it says....

When it comes to the sun shining out of the backside of their own team, Blackpool fans do seem to go the extra mile.

No conversation with David Oates, the late BBC Radio 5 Live commentator, could get past the small-talk stage without journeying to the centre of a tangerine mind.

So granted an audience last week with Karl Oyston, the club chairman and English football’s No 1 tyrannical baby-eater, and with more Blackpool raving aficionados strategically positioned throughout various other departments of BBC Sport, I made a conscious decision to avoid contact with them.

Blackpool supporters are not very happy at the moment. In doing this job over the past decade and a half, I have learnt to treat as I find and make up my own mind about people.

Take Steve Evans, the Rotherham United manager, for example. On face value he is a human gruffalo of terrifying ferocity. In reality (half an hour either side of a game) he is charming company and, as his promotion tally backs up, a ruddy good football manager.

So here it is Blackpool fans, straight between the eyes. I have always enjoyed my encounters with Oyston and, what’s more, I admire some of his principles.

I fully understand that having had a taste of the high life a few years ago, you hoped it would be the start of a new golden era.

A period in your history that nearly didn’t happen by the way, when Oyston vetoed Ian Holloway’s initial interview after the intervention of an agent and even when he himself had resurrected it, “Ollie” had to be kicked out of bed by his wife, Kim, to attend, as he wasn’t sure he wanted to return to football.

I also understand you hoped that Premier League riches would have bought you a replacement for your much-maligned hellhole training ground by now.

That you might at present employ a chief scout and operate a player analysis system.

That as a result, your team wouldn’t be full of cast-offs from other clubs in the lower half of the Championship.

And that you wouldn’t be on a run of form that has reaped 17 points from the last 111 available and getting ready for derby matches against Fleetwood Town next season (assuming they are not promoted in your place of course).

I also understand that you have, let’s call them “concerns”, as to where your Premier League windfall is residing. But it makes life difficult for any chairman when your new manager, in this case José Riga, below, gives you a list of transfer targets and, according to Oyston, digs his heels in and refuses to countenance alternatives.

So when the purchase of some of those players involved moving funds around every participating nation in the Eurovision Song Contest or half of Fifa’s list of registered agents, Oyston was right to put what he regards as the long-term interests of the club first and say no.

(Which other industry would give a single individual carte blanche to spend a huge tranche of money without questioning it?)

Of course, Oyston stood firm so stubbornly that the club ended up with just eight players three weeks before the season started and have been displaying the gussets of their dirty laundry ever since.

Not least of which, during the international break a fortnight ago, when Riga was accused of dereliction of duty and had a “do not resuscitate” sign placed around his neck, as Oyston made fruitless attempts to lure Owen Coyle (for a fourth time) and then Gary Rowett to replace him.

Quite how the pair have managed to patch up their differences since and muddle through Blackpool’s acquisition of their first couple of points of the season is beyond me.

The Ian Holloway era now seems like a distant memory.
03-12-2017 11:34
Find Posts Quote
seasider Online
Administrator

He has been well and truly embarrassed
03-12-2017 15:42
Find Posts Quote
Leesthedaddy Offline

Does that A your Q seasider?

I didn’t know either but I’ve learnt today what it’s all about on Twatter.
03-12-2017 16:18
Find Posts Quote
louise_a Online

I certainly remember that article by Clem.
03-12-2017 16:26
Find Posts Quote

Magic147 Offline
Not a penny more

There was a face to face interview as well, it was cringeworthy.
03-12-2017 16:34
Find Posts Quote
LeeJCP Offline
Oyston Out

Well I'm blocked. I asked him right out, he didn't reply so I called him out. Immediate block.
03-12-2017 19:49
Find Posts Quote
Hero-of-the-night Offline

What a tosser.
03-12-2017 21:23
Find Posts Quote
seasider Online
Administrator

When it comes to the sun shining out of the backside of their own team, Blackpool fans do seem to go the extra mile.

Hopefully he will be assigned to Bloomfield Road one day in the future and we can give him a nice reception.
04-12-2017 09:25
Find Posts Quote
seasider Online
Administrator

Sounds like knob judging by his replies. Bit of entertainment though.

https://twitter.com/KnightTangerine/stat...2521498624
04-12-2017 11:57
Find Posts Quote

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Back Henry Street | Return to Top | Mobile Version | RSS Syndication | Forum Rules