-   Lost Password?   -   Register
  -   Lost Password?   -   Register

members do not see advertisements

It only took a phone call
whitstabletangerine Offline

It only took a phone call
This morning from a pal of mine, yes one of a number of Gill supporters who I meet on a Friday night, wondering if I will be along this week for an orange juice or similar.
The conversation soon moved to the Blackpool f c saga as most of my telephone conversations of late tend to drift that way, but this time I was really given a tonic by what he said.
He had watched his team along with his pals for decades one of them back to sixties and bar a brief spell in the Championship for just a small number of years most of their time it has been league one or two.
When change comes he said you will no doubt have your team in the Championship within a couple of years and onto the Premiership perhaps within a further five years that is something to look forward to because at Gillingham just getting to the Championship would take a miracle.
Your team is not destined for the lower leagues, you have history he said, just needs the right person to invest and motivate and you will be up and running in no time.
It made me feel a lot better, the future is bright, the future is Tangerine.
09-02-2018 14:51
Find Posts Quote
Hero-of-the-night Offline

RE: It only took a phone call
(09-02-2018 14:51)whitstabletangerine Wrote:  This morning from a pal of mine, yes one of a number of Gill supporters who I meet on a Friday night, wondering if I will be along this week for an orange juice or similar.
The conversation soon moved to the Blackpool f c saga as most of my telephone conversations of late tend to drift that way, but this time I was really given a tonic by what he said.
He had watched his team along with his pals for decades one of them back to sixties and bar a brief spell in the Championship for just a small number of years most of their time it has been league one or two.
When change comes he said you will no doubt have your team in the Championship within a couple of years and onto the Premiership perhaps within a further five years that is something to look forward to because at Gillingham just getting to the Championship would take a miracle.
Your team is not destined for the lower leagues, you have history he said, just needs the right person to invest and motivate and you will be up and running in no time.
It made me feel a lot better, the future is bright, the future is Tangerine.

A lot of people under estimate just how important history is to a club and what benefits it can bring.

Your mate sounds quite clued up for a southerner!
09-02-2018 15:45
Find Posts Quote
tangerinejezza Away
Not a penny more

(09-02-2018 15:45)Hero-of-the-night Wrote:  Your mate sounds quite clued up for a southerner!

Is there anything you don’t hate?
10-02-2018 16:48
Find Posts Quote
Bulls Eye Offline

Quote:Is there anything you don’t hate?

Himself?
10-02-2018 19:00
Find Posts Quote

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Back Henry Street | Return to Top | Mobile Version | RSS Syndication | Forum Rules