-   Lost Password?   -   Register
  -   Lost Password?   -   Register

members do not see advertisements

Credit where credits due
tangerinetowerpower Offline
Stan McEwan

Credit where credits due
For some reason there still seems to be some lingering doubters of Ian Holloway's managerial skills and every season he has been in charge we have had a low key pre season with poor performances in friendly matches and even the Football League cup (or whatever guise it is ion this year).

Defeats in pre season games against Rangers last year Morecambe this year and even in the Devon trophy the other year have all had the fans worrying about our league performances.

However Olly always seems to pull it off and I honestly cannot remember us winning so many of our first fixtures of the season. Olly's record is

QPR away DREW 1-1

Wigan away WON 4-0

Hull away WON 1-0

Millwall away WON 2-0

All tough, tough matches and a remarkable record for any manager and team let alone Blackpool who have always been poor starters.

As I said credit where credit is due and we should never doubt the coaching staff have the ability to get our players fit and raring to go from the moment we kick off.
20-08-2012 08:36
Find Posts Quote
seasider Offline
Administrator

RE: Credit where credits due
For all his bad points, they simply don't matter in the grand scale of things. What he has achieved is nothing short of miraculous. I am worried what will happen when he leaves! I get the feeling that is when people will appreciate what Ollie did the most.
20-08-2012 08:38
Find Posts Quote
GeneKelley Offline
Northern Monkey

Here hereThumbsup2
20-08-2012 08:38
Find Posts Quote
Stan McEwan

Quite right seasider ..the guy is a miracle worker
20-08-2012 08:49
Find Posts Quote
philbarnes'missingfinger Offline

(20-08-2012 08:36)tangerinetowerpower Wrote:  QPR away DREW 1-1

Wigan away WON 4-0

Hull away WON 1-0

Millwall away WON 2-0

That record is even better when you consider that all of the above were aways wins as you said. but when will we get a home start??
(This post was last modified: 20-08-2012 10:10 by philbarnes'missingfinger.)
20-08-2012 10:09
Find Posts Quote

Stan McEwan

(20-08-2012 10:09)philbarnesmissingfinger Wrote:  That record is even better when you consider that all of the above were aways wins as you said. but when will we get a home start??

To be fair Wigan was scheduled to be a home game but KOKO didnt have the ground ready in time so we had to switch
20-08-2012 10:17
Find Posts Quote
rammyboy1973 Away
Generals top table

nothing lingering with me in regards to OLLIE m8 , great manager probably the greatest in our recent history . just not sure about the 10% . now if you were talking about the guy he works for another story for another time .
20-08-2012 10:17
Find Posts Quote
whitstabletangerine Offline

Seasider, you have hit the nail on the head, I was only thinking earlier this morning, what these guys who are slating Ollie now are going to be like in 5 years time when he has probably left us and we have ------ better not say who in charge.
Will they look back to the 2009 -201? and say, they were brilliant years for the club, but the manager was shit.
I believe he is a good motivator, can spot a decent player, is prepaired to put his plans into action and take the consequences if all fails, ok may not be a good communicator, but then he is a good manager not a PR man.
20-08-2012 10:23
Find Posts Quote
WestLancsUnsocialClub
Unregistered

I havent called him shit, I called him a liar, because he is.

I have no problems with his management other than that, it's bad enough being kept constantly in the dark by the club, without him coming out and spouting bollocks.
20-08-2012 10:34
seasider Offline
Administrator

At least he does talk about things Westlancs even if sometimes he says things out of turn. If he was Mr Quiet, then what information would we get at all! Not as if Oyston ever speaks to us.

For me personally, I wouldn't want Ollie to change one bit.
20-08-2012 10:49
Find Posts Quote

Bentent Offline

A famous quote

"You never know what you've got until it's gone"

The problem is you don't realise how much you needed it until it left!

I wonder how many will be saying this in a few years time................
20-08-2012 10:50
Find Posts Quote
WestLancsUnsocialClub
Unregistered

Whats the point of him talking if its all bullshit though? How is that better than saying nothing.

Misleading the fans is not acceptable.
20-08-2012 10:51
whitstabletangerine Offline

I think he would probably tell you himself Westlancs he is not perfect, few of us in this world are, but given the choice between a good manager that gets a tad confused by what he says and a poor team manager that tells us everything that goes on, I know which one I would choose. I don't want to see us go down to league 1 thanks.
20-08-2012 10:52
Find Posts Quote
WestLancsUnsocialClub
Unregistered

When did I say I wanted him out?
20-08-2012 10:53
Mickbfc Offline

Ollie deserves nothing but credit for his entire time at BFC.

The fact he gets things wrong speaks out of turn etc just makes him more special. He is a real person who makes human mistakes but his genius is in his Football Management skills.....shame that is not relevant at a Football club???............ the most important thing with any manager is that he doesn't contradict himself I'm confusedI'm confused

He is real like everyone of us, that is his best quality.

As mentioned people may look back and regret the comments they make. It doesn't take long for people to take ALL of the positives for granted, instead they choose to nitpick and search for negatives and bizarrely focus on that!! It's not surprising in any way but still a crying shame IMOThumbsdown
(This post was last modified: 20-08-2012 10:59 by Mickbfc.)
20-08-2012 10:56
Find Posts Quote

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Back Henry Street | Return to Top | Mobile Version | RSS Syndication | Forum Rules