Not really here

RE: Team selection caught everyone out
It certainly caught Southampton off guard

"Top of the league ya having a laugh"
02-04-2012 09:14
Find Posts Quote
TheMortensenFinal Offline

For each time his suprise selection has paid off, he's also got it wrong doing the same thing as well.

Tricky one for him now isn't it.
02-04-2012 09:34
Find Posts Quote
Jackbfc Offline

(02-04-2012 09:34)TheMortensenFinal Wrote:  For each time his suprise selection has paid off, he's also got it wrong doing the same thing as well.

Tricky one for him now isn't it.

Its never dull though eh!!!:P
02-04-2012 09:35
Find Posts Quote
whitstabletangerine Offline

As we well know it is never easy deciding the team Ollie will put out any week, but last Saturday must have surprised many people, some may have thought it was a cup game, but anyway it certainly worked.
The midweek friendly against Leeds played a part in Ollie's choice of players and I have said from the start of the season how important playing reserve football each week can be, especially with a large squad.
We have no idea what goes on in training and in the odd behind closed door games, so if a player is dropped having no injury problems it is easy to have a pop at the manager.
When Dobbie came on for the last 20 odd mins at Reading he looked a second or two off the pace and lost the ball a number of times and when the post appeared about Dobbie starting on here I very nearly mentioned how off the pace he seamed at Reading, just as well I didn't.
He must have really excelled during the week in training, enough for Ollie to give him the nod and as DD said enough to catch Southampton off guard.
02-04-2012 09:40
Find Posts Quote

members do not see advertisements

Cheesyleps Offline
Banned

Good point that Whitstable. I just wish they had kept a competitive reserve team going this season. Always enjoy going to watch reserve games.
02-04-2012 12:16
Find Posts Quote
whitstabletangerine Offline

Cheesy, I think they have one at 1400hrs today, best get down there.
02-04-2012 12:22
Find Posts Quote
Cheesyleps Offline
Banned

I know. Can't get to it as my bike has broken down and the wife has taken the car to work Sad-smiley Sad-smiley Sad-smiley
Wouldn't even get there in time on the bus. That takes about 2 hours from here.
02-04-2012 12:25
Find Posts Quote
GynnSquarePhoenix Offline

I'd say that Friday's team selection is going to be his hardest this season and carries the most pressure. Who would leave out anyone from Sat? Who would leave out the likes of Crainey and KP and Ferguson(well, a few would leave out Fergie I suppose). We are expecting a decent run because anything less won't get the job done and we also know we are capable of taking apart the best teams in the division when it works....and looking like muppets when it doesn't. This is the month where Ollie earns his paycheck.
02-04-2012 13:36
Find Posts Quote
C.C.C.Cider Offline

Blackpool player's will go into the Watford game full of confidence after the Saints win.
I hope those left out of the starting eleven don't spit their dummies out because there's still plenty of Championship football to be played.
In Ollie i trust to find the side to beat Watford.
02-04-2012 17:35
Find Posts Quote

members do not see advertisements

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Back Henry Street | Return to Top | Mobile Version | RSS Syndication | Forum Rules