-   Lost Password?   -   Register
  -   Lost Password?   -   Register

members do not see advertisements

Ian Holloway: Blackpool standards slipped, says Evatt
seasider Offline
Administrator

Ian Holloway: Blackpool standards slipped, says Evatt
Defender Ian Evatt has been critical of Ian Holloway's training methods during the final weeks of his three-and-a-half year reign at Blackpool.
Holloway left the Seasiders on 3 November to become Crystal Palace boss.
Evatt revealed to BBC Radio Lancashire that the squad rarely trained together before Michael Appleton's arrival.

"In the last couple of months, we hadn't really done much training. We had numerous days off - anything from two to five or six at a time," he said.
"It was as surprising to the lads as anyone else. We're an honest bunch of players and we want to work hard, but at times we weren't doing that. Maybe that's why we had the bad spell that we had.
"We've knuckled down now. Training has been fantastic in the last 10 days or so.
"The training has been hard work but we've needed it. We're doing things that we haven't done for a long time, especially working on things defensively.
"For whatever reason, the old manager didn't really work on defensive stuff. It was all attacking work.
"The lads are getting fitter and stronger. It's onwards and upwards now and hopefully now we'll start climbing the league because that's where we deserve to be."
Holloway, 49, presided over one of the most successful periods of Blackpool's recent history, winning promotion to the Premier League in 2010 and reaching the Championship play-off final last season.
But he said he needed a new challenge after replacing Dougie Freedman at Palace, and left Bloomfield Road having won only two of his last 10 games at the helm.
The Bristolian watched his new team beat Blackburn at Selhurst Park on the day of his appointment and since then has won all three of his games in charge to take Palace two points clear at the top of the Championship.
Blackpool drew 1-1 at struggling Bristol City on Saturday - their second consecutive draw under new boss Appleton.
"I think it's the best we've played away from home for a long time," added the 31-year-old centre-back.
"We looked very solid and they didn't look like scoring, but the ref's given a penalty from nowhere and it would have been a travesty if we had lost that game.
"We've shown good character to come back, especially going 1-0 behind so late. There are a lot of positives to take."

BBC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20392765
19-11-2012 12:00
Find Posts Quote
WestLancsUnsocialClub
Unregistered

RE: Ian Holloway: Blackpool standards slipped, says Evatt
The JUDAS was destroying us from the inside.

Hardly a professional attitude.

Good Riddance.
19-11-2012 12:03
FY4MIKEH Offline
BLT THE ONLY WAY

Good riddance indeed. Too busy playing happy families in Bath. He will get found out at Palace. No way they will go up.
19-11-2012 12:06
Find Posts Quote
Themissingmillions Offline

I think it fair to say standards started to slip a few weeks before he actually left, taking that aside he's arguably the best manager we have had in decades and that should never be forgotten what he achieved on little or no money was nothing short of a miracle and i for one wish him well and thank him for the last 3 years, as at 50+ i never expected to see my beloved Blackpool ever play in the premier league in my life time. Thumbsup2
(This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 12:11 by Themissingmillions.)
19-11-2012 12:08
Find Posts Quote
WestLancsUnsocialClub
Unregistered

Fraud.
19-11-2012 12:09

rammyboy1973 Away
Generals top table

Agree westey , he was plotting his escape way before he left . But not judas , no way . KING KARL got his just deserts nothing tangible for him to stay . Even Ollie couldnt spin his tune anymore . Try looking from a supporters stance and not the pikeys eh.
19-11-2012 12:11
Find Posts Quote
WestLancsUnsocialClub
Unregistered

I am a supporter mate.

All that money he wasted on the devo squad would have been a couple of decent players.
19-11-2012 12:13

All that money he wasted on the development squad?

Why did he actually buy anyone? and please don't say wages i bet the total wage bill for the whole squad is less than 5k a week. Thumbsdown
(This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 12:17 by Themissingmillions.)
19-11-2012 12:17
Find Posts Quote
rammyboy1973 Away
Generals top table

What are you babbling on about development squad for , that has cost nothing m8 . Karl has been well paid for by taking us up to academy level 3 , the club received inxcess of 800.000.00 off the football league trust .
19-11-2012 12:19
Find Posts Quote
seasider Offline
Administrator

It could be either:

a) Ollie had simply fallen out of love with the club and couldn't be arsed anymore.

b) Constant budget restrictions and lack of support from the owners wore Ollie down.

I guess we will never know.
19-11-2012 12:21
Find Posts Quote

whitstabletangerine Online

(19-11-2012 12:08)Themissingmillions Wrote:  I think it fair to say standards started to slip a few weeks before he actually left, taking that aside he's arguably the best manager we have had in decades and that should never be forgotten what he achieved on little or no money was nothing short of a miracle and i for one wish him well and thank him for the last 3 years, as at 50+ i never expected to see my beloved Blackpool ever play in the premier league in my life time. Thumbsup2

Thumbsup2
It is a great pity that some on here cannot see what he achieved and if only he had been given the players he actually wanted then we wouldn't now have an oversized squad.
19-11-2012 12:24
Find Posts Quote
rammyboy1973 Away
Generals top table

Back to the op , evo should know as his standards are non existant from what he use to be , a shadow of his former self . Sorry to say .....
19-11-2012 12:27
Find Posts Quote

(09-10-2012 09:36)gillbridgescockstrap Wrote:  Ince to Manchester utd is a done deal.
Around 12 million, rising to 15 million depending on future appearances and international caps . Deal to go ahead in January..no mention of a loan back to bloomers.
You heard it here first.
this news was brought to you by gillbridgescockstrap news international.

(19-11-2012 12:24)whitstabletangerine Wrote:  Thumbsup2
It is a great pity that some on here cannot see what he achieved and if only he had been given the players he actually wanted then we wouldn't now have an oversized squad.

And who knows we may have still been able to keep hold of Holloway had he got what he wanted. Thumbsup2
19-11-2012 12:30
Find Posts Quote
rammyboy1973 Away
Generals top table

(19-11-2012 12:24)whitstabletangerine Wrote:  Thumbsup2
totally agree whits , people with short memories , the man is a legend . No other word for it . It always becomes unsavory when their is a parting of the ways .
19-11-2012 12:32
Find Posts Quote
WestLancsUnsocialClub
Unregistered

He let everyone down with his non training of the team, his lies, his desertion on the morning of the match.

Yes we got a lot from him, very lucky though, and he left us with a sour taste.
19-11-2012 12:49

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Back Henry Street | Return to Top | Mobile Version | RSS Syndication | Forum Rules