-   Lost Password?   -   Register
  -   Lost Password?   -   Register

members do not see advertisements

Gun Control
whitstabletangerine Offline

Gun Control
I didn't want to interupt the thread on US deaths, I didn't think it was appropriate.
I can't see gun control in the US ever happening and even if it did would it stop events such as the killings in Newtown.
We in the UK have had a ban on the owning of automatic weapons since before the second world war but it didn't stop the mass killings in, Hungerford, Dunblane and Cumbria.
We live in this modern world with games, tv and films depicting death on a regular basis, coupled with the breakdown of family life and the ever growing drug problem, it's inevitble that some individuals will go astray.
Stay safe.
16-12-2012 17:12
Find Posts Quote
tangerinejezza Away
Not a penny more

RE: Gun Control
Mrs jezza and I said pretty much the same! While these numptys can play games where you kill everyone and nobody gets hurt they are finding reality and fiction very difficult to distinguish
16-12-2012 17:37
Find Posts Quote
GynnSquarePhoenix Offline

Whits, You're correct on gun control...expect a lot of talking and no change in the law.

The other issue that is getting a lot of attention is the lack of mental health programs in this country. If you are heavily insured (50% of the populace) you can get some attention if you are mental. The other half get nothing and the streets and schools are full of manic depressives and full on loons with no place to get help.

This shooter was a headcase and his mother was a gun collector without a gun safe who taught her sons to shoot when they were small kids.
16-12-2012 19:36
Find Posts Quote
TheSteed Offline
Site Overlord

(16-12-2012 17:12)whitstabletangerine Wrote:  I didn't want to interupt the thread on US deaths, I didn't think it was appropriate.
I can't see gun control in the US ever happening and even if it did would it stop events such as the killings in Newtown.
We in the UK have had a ban on the owning of automatic weapons since before the second world war but it didn't stop the mass killings in, Hungerford, Dunblane and Cumbria.
We live in this modern world with games, tv and films depicting death on a regular basis, coupled with the breakdown of family life and the ever growing drug problem, it's inevitble that some individuals will go astray.
Stay safe.

This has been heavily researched and the general consensus is that violent film and video games actually REDUCE the urge to commit violent acts.
17-12-2012 00:34
Find Posts Quote
eastend joker Offline

every time something like this happens the gun is always held legally ,in this country I believe nobody should legally hold a firearm on their property, a small step forward maybe but lives will be saved, all too late for America of course ! it will never happen there .Grayno
17-12-2012 12:51
Find Posts Quote

tangerinejezza Away
Not a penny more

apparently 50% of the world's guns are held by Americans! so that's 5% of the population of the world live in America which own half of the guns on this planet! They will never give them up!
17-12-2012 14:17
Find Posts Quote
rammyboy1973 Away
Generals top table

Tend to go along with joker thougts , how may more inocents is the gun going to take , before something is done . Shocking in our day and era . The gun makers will be out in force lobbying the senate and delegates with their billions of dollars .
17-12-2012 16:36
Find Posts Quote
Bally Offline
1 = 20

It's the perfect chance for Obama to do something now. It's his final term and can't run again,plus the NRA and it's members hate him anyway so he shouldn't give a fuck about them. Bring in new gun control laws and leave an everlasting legacy behind for the benefit of future generations.
Just been looking at a few stats and the US has roughly 90 guns for every 100 people.
But looking at the polls only a quarter of the population want a ban on gun ownership, for me it sums up the population which on the whole is stupid, they'll be watching babies get buried next week live on Fox yet still think everyone has 'the right to bear arms'
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 16:50 by Bally.)
17-12-2012 16:48
Find Posts Quote

He can bring in as many laws regarding gun control as he likes, what differene will it make. If some half baked idiot decides he wants a mass killing he will get hold of what he wants, the same as the killings that occured in the UK and we had gun controls.
17-12-2012 17:28
Find Posts Quote
Bally Offline
1 = 20

As has been mentioned above these incidents wouldn't stop with gun control but they would become a whole lot less frequent. Anders Brevik in Norway showed even with gun control madmen will still find a way. The problem in America though is there are as many gun stores as petrol stations.

Gun crime related death rate in the good old USA: 9 per 100,000
Gun crime related death rate in the UK: 0.22 per 100,000
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 17:48 by Bally.)
17-12-2012 17:47
Find Posts Quote

Only American society can decide, it's their call.
17-12-2012 18:01
Find Posts Quote
seasider Offline
Administrator

Just seen a BBC report, a gun shop in America were boasting that they had record sales today.

Attacks are down in America hence why the support for stricter gun control is low. However, these latest events might change that.

They need to do something. You can't have a nation that is gun crazy and expect no tragedies.
17-12-2012 18:09
Find Posts Quote
rammyboy1973 Away
Generals top table

Like to here James Guys views on procedings that have taken place , as we are on the outside looking in .
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 21:02 by rammyboy1973.)
17-12-2012 21:01
Find Posts Quote
seasider Offline
Administrator

It's just very sad with it being kids. All the pictures of kids they are showing on TV is just horrible.
17-12-2012 21:31
Find Posts Quote
tangerinejezza Away
Not a penny more

(17-12-2012 21:31)seasider Wrote:  It's just very sad with it being kids. All the pictures of kids they are showing on TV is just horrible.

Can't watch it! When you have your own kids it makes me fill up
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 21:34 by tangerinejezza.)
17-12-2012 21:33
Find Posts Quote

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Back Henry Street | Return to Top | Mobile Version | RSS Syndication | Forum Rules