-   Lost Password?   -   Register
  -   Lost Password?   -   Register

members do not see advertisements

avftt, the media and you.
Sandgrownundeux Offline

avftt, the media and you.
Do you ever think of the bigger picture? Avftt is a microcosm of our brave new world. It purportedly is a balanced view of our football club but if anyone's read it for a day one can see how in its own clumsy fashion that is not the case.

Threads are deleted, contributors are banned to support a thinly veiled pro oyston stance, people post under multiple usernames, some to reinforce a viewpoint, usually pro oyston and some to dissipate a well made point that doesn't kowtow to the "party line". You may ask yourself so what does it matter it's only a football thread and it's easy to see through the bazzers empty rhetoric. For some it is, for many it's not and just like the Nazi's learned if you repeat something often enough people will believe it. Ask yourself, if two managers hadn't left in the same season and we'd started losing would the majority of fans have been vocal about the parachute money leaving the club via service/management fees. When we start winning again, even though the same things will be going on in the background do you not know in your heart that the majority thinking just to the start of the next game will forget about the long term future of the club and the benefits to the town of a club fulfilling its potential? History clearly gives us our answer to that.

That said it's important that you pay attention to how your thoughts are being conditioned. These antics are performed at all levels of media and with a much greater degree of sophistication.

And Baz, your little attempt at oh I'm posting on Avftt. I wouldn't give it the time of day with all the shenanigans you are doing on there. Why would I want to be on a forum that lacks any semblance of integrity?
19-02-2013 15:03
Find Posts Quote
TheSteed Offline
Site Overlord

RE: avftt, the media and you.
Nazis, in the first post?

This is not your personal stage to attack the moderators of another forum for their perceived stance, whether what you say is true or not. Especially when you yourself choose to attack anybody you believe to be pro Oyston everywhere you go, leaving little room for balance or debate.
19-02-2013 15:21
Find Posts Quote
foggy Offline

"Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies) is an argument made by Mike Godwin in 1990 that has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1." In other words, Godwin observed that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably makes a comparison to Hitler or the Nazis."

Getting it in on the first post is impressive.
19-02-2013 15:23
Find Posts Quote
blackpool ger Offline
Oyston Hater

I have a headache lol
19-02-2013 15:25
Find Posts Quote
TheSteed Offline
Site Overlord

(19-02-2013 15:23)foggy Wrote:  "Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies) is an argument made by Mike Godwin in 1990 that has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1." In other words, Godwin observed that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably makes a comparison to Hitler or the Nazis."

Getting it in on the first post is impressive.

Great minds...
19-02-2013 15:25
Find Posts Quote

clappers Offline

The recent goings on at Bloomfield Road mean that even Karl Oyston is aware that the days of serving up nonsense and the masses swallowing it hook line and sinker are over. BRR, Wizaard, tangerinehad et al are in a massive minority now. They don't even bother with the whole "silent majority" fall back position anymore. AVFTT is a playground, thats all it is.
19-02-2013 15:26
Find Posts Quote
ss53_ Offline

SGD -you do realise that you are on one obscure message board talking about what is going on on another obscure message board each of which represent the views of a couple of hundred supporters of an obscure football club (in the great scheme of things).

There really is no bigger picture here. Sometime you have to accept that these conspiracy theories exist only in your head.
19-02-2013 15:27
Find Posts Quote
Sandgrownundeux Offline

Not attacking, observing. Was anything I said inaccurate? You like to have a go at me in full avenger regalia but you don't make points in a balanced fashion. If you did then you would note I applaud Karl for performance based contracts for example. You would also have noted that I have stated I don't believe Owen was guilty of rape and was the first to post the political backstory to that, that Neil put up not so long ago. What I said about the media stands and is worthy of your deepest reflection.
19-02-2013 15:28
Find Posts Quote
TheSteed Offline
Site Overlord

Quote:Threads are deleted, contributors are banned to support a thinly veiled pro oyston stance

Show me some proof of this.

Quote:That said it's important that you pay attention to how your thoughts are being conditioned.

Show me some proof of this

Quote:And Baz, your little attempt at oh I'm posting on Avftt. I wouldn't give it the time of day with all the shenanigans you are doing on there. Why would I want to be on a forum that lacks any semblance of integrity?

This is directed, personally, to the mod of another forum.

Also, comparing the owners of Blackpool FC to Hitler and the Nazis, is insulting to anyone with a modicum of intelligence and education.
19-02-2013 15:34
Find Posts Quote
Frankel Offline
Banned

Party
19-02-2013 15:36
Find Posts Quote

blackpool ger Offline
Oyston Hater

Party
(This post was last modified: 19-02-2013 15:48 by blackpool ger.)
19-02-2013 15:48
Find Posts Quote
seasider Offline
Administrator

Agree with Steed here. AVFTT will have their own ways of moderating and that's not for us to say it's right or wrong.

AVFTT's moderation should be discussed on their messageboard as I don't want this forum to become a spill over for AVFTT discussion. I would like to think we are better than that.
19-02-2013 16:04
Find Posts Quote
Ragnarok Offline
Enjoying my Gulag Holiday

I've noticed that if anyone questions immigration or multiculturalism they are called fascists and Nazis. Always makes me chuckle as there are non more fascist than those who refuse to allow all opinions and points of view an equal hearing
19-02-2013 16:09
Find Posts Quote
Sandgrownundeux Offline

Steed if you read the rules of fansonline which strangely I already know you have, you will know full well that I was banned for bringing up svc mgmt fees. I didn't swear, wasn't racist, received no warning or explanation. Others have also been banned for the same non reasons and funny enough most of whom can put together a cognisant case of what is being done/not done at BFC that usually doesn't reflect well on the Oystons.

To ask for proof on this is disingenuous on your part as you know full well that posters on this very board have been banned on avftt.

Media can be manipulated and is every day for a variety of reasons. To think of that as a conspiracy is naive in the extreme. To repeat something often enough so that people believe it is a nazi propaganda technique and is used often on Avftt. Case in point Owen is a Blackpool fan. No he wasn't he was a businessman who brought BFC for the property that's a fact, my family knew him since he was an out of work actor asked by a pal to help out in his real estate business. My family knew full well that he's a scallywag but stuck up for him when all the rape nonsense was going on which is more than many of his so called friends were doing.

You are right, this board is a sampler of fans as is avftt. I don't care what goes on over there as if people still populate it then they get what they deserve but what goes on over there is important to recognise as it is both effective and like a disease will spread if unchecked.

Clappers, Karl has got through this latest debacle with bank balance unscathed and knows full well the apathy and memory of the general public. He is given a mandate by every paying fan to do what he wants and until people change that paradigm business will go on as usual.

Right now it's time to support the new manager and watch with interest if Karl will make a sufficient gesture of support of this manager. He didn't with the other two managers we've had this season, but lets see if Tom goes whether at the very least that money is reinvested. I fully expect him to have the gall to say he's cutting budgets as the crowds are falling. This is rich when out of the other side of his mouth he said if crowds would go up which they did then the club would progress. Have you seen this progress? I blinked so I missed it. What I see is two managers gone in a season and a proven striker saying he was told they wanted to get him off the wage bill.
19-02-2013 16:18
Find Posts Quote
Kevin-SISA Offline

Here is a definition of the term propoganda by Garth Jowett and Victoria O'Donnell: "Propaganda is the deliberate, systematic attempt to shape perceptions, manipulate cognitions, and direct behavior to achieve a response that furthers the desired intent of the propagandist."

SGD - the main issue I have with your posts is that in your passionate attempts to unveil 'the truth' you come seriously close to purveying that which you purport to abhor.
19-02-2013 16:36
Find Posts Quote

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Back Henry Street | Return to Top | Mobile Version | RSS Syndication | Forum Rules